After reading a recent blog from Engineering.com, titled: Siemens Solid Edge and the Six Big Trends in CAD that discussed the future of CAD implementation with engineering teams and those who are evaluating a new CAD platform, I found that the following order of the “not so new” CAD trends to be more like this:
- – Subscription Licensing – needs to happen because nobody wants to spend $5,000 up front for a product they most likely can use for free.
- – CAD in the Cloud & Mobility – either a hybrid or full browser edition. Gone are the days of work stations.
- – Concept Design – faster, better and much more collaborative. Every kind of tool that we have now is extremely painstaking.
- – Internet of Things (IoT) functionality – this is essential because it will improve quality of life.
- – Industry Consolidation – how can this happen? Corporations are way too greedy.
What do you think about some of these new trends? Drop us a line below in the comments area.
Go ahead, be a Maker!